Colosseum Castle is a medieval fortress a few kilometers outside the city of Limassol, Cyprus. The building has three floors, it is built with stones and its walls are one and a half meters thick. It was of great strategic importance since it controlled the Kolossi area with sugar cane plantations and sugar. Originally built in 1210 by the Franks, when the area was given to the ruler of Cyprus Hugo A. In 1306 he passed to the Knights Templar. The building was home to the head of the battalion, and there was also a small military force. The fortress was destroyed by the Genoese and the Mameluks to be rebuilt in 1454.